CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Tickets are not exchangeable or refundable
Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance, to other patrons or to staff, to leave the venue
Only food or drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) purchased on the premises may be consumed in the venue
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to request and carry out bag and body searches on arrival at the venue. You may be denied entry if you refuse a request to be searched and your ticket will not be refunded
Any items of food or drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) found during a search will be confiscated. Confiscated items will not be returned
CONDITIONS OF SALE/CODE OF CONDUCT
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, for performances at Newcastle Theatre Royal, Newcastle City Hall or other performances or venues under the management of Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust
- Every patron entering the auditorium must be in the possession of a ticket.
- By purchasing a ticket directly, by any method, or indirectly via an authorised agency, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions of sale.
- Tickets are sold by Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, Registered Charity Number 504473, of 100 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6BR, on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers.
- Tickets are sold subject to Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust’s right to alter or vary the programme or casting due to circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets; we cannot guarantee the appearance of any cast member or artist at any performance.
- Children, school parties, youth groups and those in need of special care are the responsibility of their parents, guardians, teachers and carers who must ensure appropriate behaviour is followed in the venue.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance, to other patrons or staff, to leave the venue.
- The use of mobile phones, cameras and any form of recording equipment is strictly prohibited anywhere in the auditorium.
- Drinks (except water in plastic bottles) are not allowed to be taken into the auditorium.
- Please note that for your security we reserve the right to carry out bag searches on arrival at the venue. Any drinks found (soft or alcoholic) will be confiscated for the safety of all of our patrons. Customers may have the option to reclaim their bottles after the performance.
- The Theatre Royal & City Hall are no-smoking venues. Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is not permitted.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust cannot accept responsibility for any personal property.
- Patrons should be advised that official merchandise is usually only available inside the venue.
- The ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the performance. Breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury will result in the ticket holder being ejected from the venues.
- Tickets are offered for sale subject to availability. All ticket prices quoted by Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust in print and online are subject to change at any time. In response to demand, we may change prices and seating areas. We may also limit access to concession rates. Always check online at www.theatreroyal.co.uk for most up to date prices or call us on 08448 11 21 21 (calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.)
- Discounts or offers cannot be combined with other discounts or offers, or applied retrospectively, and can be withdrawn at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ensure tickets in their possession are for the correct date and time; please check your tickets carefully as mistakes cannot be rectified after the event. Ticket holders attempting to use tickets for an incorrect date or time will not be admitted to the venue.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to make ticket offers in addition to those published in brochures or on websites, and to withdraw them at any time.
- All bookings made over the telephone and via the website where tickets are posted to the customer are subject to a postage fee (£1.50 at the time of publishing); all bookings made within seven days of the performance will be held for collection at the Box Office.
- Reservations for tickets Newcastle Theatre Royal will be held for a maximum of three working days; please note we don’t take reservations within seven days of the performance. We don’t take reservations for tickets for Newcastle City Hall.
- If a performance is cancelled or rescheduled, Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation. If a performance is rescheduled, ticket holders will be offered tickets to the rescheduled performance, equivalent to the face value of their original ticket.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to cancel tickets or reservations that it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
- At the discretion of the Box Office, lost tickets will be replaced free of charge, subject to proof of purchase.
- If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust or one of its authorised sub-agents, it may be voided and the holder may be refused entry to, required to exit from and / or banned / excluded from Newcastle Theatre Royal and Newcastle City Hall.
- The ticket holder has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to provide alternative seats, of the same or greater value, to those specified on the ticket.
- Ticket holders consent to filming, photography and sound recording as members of the audience. Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust will endeavour to inform patrons prior to the commencement of the performance if such a recording is to take place.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- Standby tickets - at the discretion of Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, from 2 hours before a performance at Newcastle Theatre Royal tickets may be available at half price. These tickets cannot be reserved, may be limited to specific areas, are sold subject to availability and are not available online.
- Any liability that the company and its officers, directors, agents and employees may have to ticket holders under any circumstances will be limited to the greater of (a) the total amount expended by the individual ticket holder with Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust (excluding authorised sub-agents) during the transaction giving rise to the claim; or (b) £100.
- Ticket holders acknowledge that they are responsible for the payment of ticket/s and/or any loss or damage they may cause to Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust and/or third parties it may act on behalf of.
- Despite our best efforts, there may be the odd occasion where a technical error has occurred and a small number of the products available online may be mispriced. We will verify pricing before dispatching your product. If we have made a mistake and a product's correct price is higher than the price on the website, we may either contact you before dispatch to request whether you want to buy the product at the correct price or cancel your order. If a product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and then dispatch the product.
CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS
- Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the performance, but admission cannot always be guaranteed. Late comers and non-attenders will not be offered refunds, regardless of the reason for the late arrival or non-attendance. This includes, but is not limited to, adverse weather, traffic congestion and public transport problems.
- Please remember to switch off all mobile phones, pagers and other electronic equipment before entering the auditorium.
- The taking of photographs or film in any media is strictly forbidden.
- Children, school parties and those in need of special care are the responsibility of their parents, guardians, teachers and carers, who must ensure that appropriate behaviour is followed in the auditorium. The Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance, to other patrons or staff, to leave the auditorium.
TICKET EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged for performances at Newcastle City Hall
- Up to 24hrs before a performance commences at Newcastle Theatre Royal tickets may, at Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust’s discretion, be exchanged for another performance of the same production upon return of tickets for which a fee (£1.50 fee per ticket at the time of publishing) will be charged. Friends of the Newcastle Theatre Royal and Advantage members can receive a credit note up to 24 hours before the performance.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right not to accept tickets for re-sale. However, when we do accept tickets for resale, this will only be once all other available tickets are sold and be subject to a fee.
GIFT VOUCHERS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust offers its own popular gift vouchers for use as full or part payment in the purchase of tickets. Gift Vouchers expire after 2 years - it is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of this limitation.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and may not be accepted if damaged or altered. Photocopies are unacceptable.
- For website and telephone sales for non-date related products (including gift vouchers and memberships) customers have a 14-day cooling off period where a full refund will be given if they choose to cancel the purchase/membership, and any tickets or other purchases made during this time will also be cancelled and refunded.
- We accept no responsibility for tickets or services purchased via an agency or third party, including group bookers.
- Agency sales may be subject to different terms and conditions.
- Charges and allocations may vary and patrons are advised to check carefully when making their booking through an agency.
- For certain shows children aged two and under are welcome, on purchase of a £2 Babes in Arms ticket, and must share a seat with you (Babes in Arms tickets are not available for the Amphitheatre and Gallery at Newcastle Theatre Royal as the distance from the stage and nature of these areas of the auditorium make it an inappropriate place to have small children). Children aged three and over must have a full paid for ticket.
- For all other performances, we regret children under three are not admitted to the auditorium.
- Should the babe in arms become restless and cause a disturbance, the parent/guardian will be requested to leave the auditorium with the child. We reserve the right to not re-admit. Baby changing facilities are available in the stalls basement accessible toilet at Newcastle Theatre Royal, and in the foyer accessible toilet at the City Hall.
- A limited number of booster cushions are available at Newcastle Theatre Royal for small children to have a better view.
- For reasons of Health and Safety, all children aged 12 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Any published advice about age suitability for any productions is offered as a guide
NEWCASTLE THEATRE ROYAL TRUST BROCHURES, WEBSITE AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
- All details in Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust brochures, website and other communications are correct, errors and omissions excepted, at time of publishing but Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to alter programme and other details without prior notice.
- If you do have a comment or complaint, please write to the Chief Executive, Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6BR or firstname.lastname@example.org. We endeavour to respond to all feedback within five working days.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, 100 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6BR. Telephone: 0191 244 2500, Fax: 0191 244 2512 and email email@example.com.
- All personal data is managed in accordance with appropriate UK and European data protection and freedom of information legislation. For information visit www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
THE LEGAL BIT
Please click here to download our Conditions of Sale as a PDF
- To the fullest extent permissible in law, Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions
- None of the terms of this Agreement may be relied upon or enforced under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party that is not a party to this Agreement.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision/s and remainder of the Agreement valid or enforceable.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.