Terms & Conditions
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, for performances at Newcastle Theatre Royal or other performances or venues under the management of Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust.
We reserve the right to change or amend our Conditions of Entry for specific performances.
CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to ask anyone causing a disturbance, to other customers, to staff or the performance, to leave the venue.
- In support of the Equality Act 2010 customers with learning disabilities who do not use expressive or receptive language techniques will not be asked to leave a performance due to any behaviour that is a direct result of their disability. Staff will offer and provide support where possible and a break out space is available should it be required.
- The use of mobile phones, cameras and any form of recording equipment is strictly prohibited anywhere in the auditorium.
- Children, school parties, youth groups and those in need of special care are the responsibility of their parents, guardians, teachers and personal assistant (carers) who must ensure appropriate behaviour is followed in the venue.
- We take the safety of our venue very seriously and we want customers to feel confident to attend and enjoy live events. We will always be vigilant, and customers may notice that entering our venue may take a little more time to allow for bag searches and heightened security measures.
- Every customer entering the venue must be in the possession of a valid ticket. Customers are requested to ensure that all members of their party are in possession of a valid ticket to gain entry.
- All entry constitutes consent to search.
- Bag checks and searches are in operation.
- Bag restrictions are in operation. There is no bag storage so customers are asked to bring only what they need to the theatre and the customer is strictly prohibited from bringing backpacks, holdalls, luggage, computer bags and laptops. Bags must be able to fit under your seat without causing an obstruction. Local storage services can be found on https://stasher.com/
- Wrapped items such as Christmas presents will be un-wrapped and the contents checked by our staff to ensure no prohibited items are taken into the venue.
- Adjustments will be made for those with medical requirements and/or access needs and customers should contact the venue in advance.
- Lasers/knives/sharp items/fireworks/flares/smoke bombs/items which could be used as weapons will be confiscated and may result in admission refused.
- Balloons, confetti canons and flags are not permitted inside the venue.
- Please keep personal items with you at all times. Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust cannot accept responsibility for any personal property.
- No standing in the aisles or gangways. No standing on front rows in the Grand Circle, Upper Circle and Amphitheatre.
- There is no buggy storage; with the agreement of the Duty Manager buggies are left at customers own risk in designated areas.
- There is no bicycle storage. Customers are advised to make suitable arrangements for the safe storage of bicycles outside of the venue.
- No animals (with the exception of assistance dogs).
- Customers can transfer into a theatre seat from a wheelchair, however for safety reasons customers must be able to evacuate without staff intervention in the event of an emergency.
- Please retain your ticket at all times whilst at the venue.
- Management reserves the right to refuse re-entry to the venue or auditorium to those customers who leave during a performance.
- Re-entry to the venue or auditorium will be permitted on production of a valid ticket only.
- The customer must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the performance. Breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury will result in the customer being ejected from the venues and no compensation or refund will be offered.
FOOD, DRINK & MERCHANDISE
- Customers are requested to consume food and drink with consideration for other audience members and minimal disruption to the performance. Food items which generate noise and odours are not to be consumed inside the auditorium.
- We reserve the right to prohibit the consumption of refreshments, refuse re-entry or service of refreshments to customers causing a disruption to the audience or the performance.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the venue or the auditorium to customers who appear to be under the influence of illegal drugs or heavily intoxicated.
- We reserve the right to remove customers from the venue or auditorium who appear to be under the influence of illegal drugs or heavily intoxicated.
- Glass, cans, metal and ceramic containers are not permitted inside the auditorium for the safety of our customers, staff and artists.
- Customers with medical requirements necessitating the need for specific items of food or drink listed as prohibited should contact the venue in advance of their visit so arrangements can be made with staff.
- For certain performances the management reserves the right to prohibit consumption of alcoholic drinks inside the auditorium and the bar may be closed during the performance.
- Alcohol purchased outside the venue is not permitted inside the venue or auditorium and will be confiscated.
- Alcohol may not be taken off the premises.
- Merchandise purchases will not be refunded unless goods are found to be faulty.
- Merchandise items will be sold with an age recommendation or restriction as determined by the manufacturer. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of goods on the ground of Health & Safety.
- Merchandise exchanges can be made at the venue for goods that are in their original purchase condition. Customers are advised that Show merchandise is held at the venue for the duration of the performance period only and after which exchanges via NTRT will not be possible.
- Customers should be advised that official merchandise is usually only available inside the venue.
- Confectionery and soft drinks (including water) are permitted inside the venue, with the exception of those in glass, cans, metal or ceramic containers. For certain performances the management reserves the right to prohibit all food and drink items from being brought into the venue.
- Hot drinks may be taken into the auditorium inside paper or plastic cups with lids.
- Hot food is not permitted inside the auditorium but may be consumed in the foyer areas.
- The Theatre Royal is a no-smoking venue. Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes is not permitted.
- By purchasing a ticket directly, by any method, or indirectly via an authorised agency, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions of sale.
- Tickets are sold by Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, Registered Charity Number 504473, of 100 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6BR, on behalf of producers, promoters and event organisers.
- Tickets are sold subject to Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust’s right to alter or vary the programme or casting due to circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets; we cannot guarantee the appearance of any cast member or artist at any performance.
- Tickets are offered for sale subject to availability. All ticket prices quoted by Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust in print and online are subject to change at any time. In response to demand, we may change prices and seating areas. We may also limit access to concession rates. Always check online at www.theatreroyal.co.uk for the most up to date prices or call us on 0191 232 7010.
- Discounts or offers cannot be combined with other discounts or offers, or applied retrospectively, and can be withdrawn at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure tickets in their possession are for the correct date and time; please check your tickets carefully as mistakes cannot be rectified after the event. Customers attempting to use tickets for an incorrect date or time will not be admitted.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to make ticket offers in addition to those published in brochures or on websites, and to withdraw them at any time.
- Your ticket will be an email with a QR code. There is no additional charge for this and tickets do not need to be printed; simply present your phone to show the email to our staff when you arrive. Mobile tickets will be emailed, and available online. If you accidentally delete your ticket email you can log in to your account to retrieve it.
Tickets will only be posted if a customer has no access to mobile ticketing, or print at home ticketing. Please note a postage charge will be applied to any tickets mailed out.
- An admin fee (£1.00 at the time of publishing) will be charged to reprint lost, forgotten or unissued tickets, sold by any party.
- If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust or one of its authorised sub-agents, it may be voided and the holder may be refused entry to, required to exit from and / or banned / excluded from Newcastle Theatre Royal.
- The customer has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to provide alternative seats, of the same or greater value, to those specified on the ticket.
- Customers consent to filming, photography and sound recording as members of the audience. Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust will endeavour to inform customers prior to the commencement of the performance if such a recording is to take place.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- Any liability that the company and its officers, directors, agents and employees may have to customers under any circumstances will be limited to the greater of (a) the total amount expended by the individual customer with Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust (excluding authorised sub-agents) during the transaction giving rise to the claim; or (b) £100.
- Customers acknowledge that they are responsible for the payment of ticket/s and/or any loss or damage they may cause to Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust and/or third parties it may act on behalf of.
- Due to the nature of live productions, the front row of the stalls may be subject to change even after tickets go on sale, without further notice.
- Despite our best efforts, there may be occasions where a technical error has occurred and a small number of the tickets available online may be mispriced. We will verify pricing before dispatching your tickets. If we have made a mistake and the correct price is higher than the price on the website, we may either contact you before dispatch to request whether you want to continue with the purchase at the correct price or cancel your order. If the correct price is lower than our advertised price, we will charge the lower amount and then dispatch the tickets.
TICKET EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase.
- Up to 24hrs before a performance commences tickets may, at Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust’s discretion, be exchanged for another performance of the same production upon return of tickets for which a fee (£1.50 fee per ticket at the time of publishing) will be charged. Friends of the Newcastle Theatre Royal and Advantage members can receive a credit note up to 24 hours before the performance (up to a maximum of 6 tickets per performance).
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right not to accept tickets for re-sale. However, when we do accept tickets for resale, this will only be once all other available tickets are sold and will be subject to a fee.
CANCELLED, RESCHEDULED OR ABANDONED EVENTS
- If a performance is cancelled or rescheduled, Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust will use reasonable endeavours to notify customers of the cancellation.
- In the event of a cancelled performance customer accounts will automatically be issued with credit to the value of the booking. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to contact the original point of purchase to re-book for alternative performances or claim a refund.
- Refunds will only be available within the notified time limit, after which credit will be applied to the purchasers account.
- In the event of a cancelled or rescheduled performance, customers will be entitled to a refund or credit to the value of the ticket only (excluding, if applicable, any ticket protection purchase and delivery costs)
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust or the producers will not be responsible for any costs relating to personal arrangements made by the customer in relation to the cancelled or rescheduled performance including, but not limited to, travel expenses, accommodation or hospitality
- If a performance is rescheduled, customers will be offered tickets to the rescheduled performance, equivalent to the face value of their original ticket.
- In the unlikely event of a show stop during a performance all efforts will be made to recommence the performance in original or adjusted format. Customers are advised no refunds or compensation will be offered for performances that recommence and continue to conclusion.
- In the unlikely event of an abandoned, cancelled or re-scheduled performance refunds for any unconsumed interval orders on presentation of the relevant order receipt will be made to the purchaser.
- Changes to coronavirus restrictions: We keep our safety measures under review and will update our procedures in line with any new guidance or requirement issued by local or central governments. Please check our website before you visit for any recent updates.
LATECOMERS & READMISSION
- Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the performance, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- If you leave the venue during the performance, it may not be possible to re-enter the premises or the auditorium for safety reasons.
- Latecomers and non-attenders will not be offered refunds, regardless of the reason for the late arrival or non-attendance. This includes, but is not limited to, adverse weather, traffic congestion and public transport problems.
- Customers who believe they may need to leave the auditorium for a medical need are advised to speak to a member of staff prior to the start of the performance so suitable arrangements can be made.
GIFT VOUCHERS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust offers its own popular gift vouchers for use as full or part payment in the purchase of tickets. Gift Vouchers expire after 2 years – it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of this limitation.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and may not be accepted if damaged or altered. Photocopies are unacceptable.
- For website and telephone sales for non-date related products (including gift vouchers and memberships) customers have a 14-day cooling off period where a full refund will be given if they choose to cancel the purchase/membership, and any tickets or other purchases made during this time will also be cancelled and refunded.
- We accept no responsibility for tickets or services purchased via an agency or third party, including group bookers.
- Agency sales may be subject to different terms and conditions.
- Charges and allocations may vary and customers are advised to check carefully when making their booking through an agency.
- Unless otherwise stated in the show information, babies and toddlers under age 2 (unless stated otherwise) will be admitted on purchase of a Babes in Arms ticket, and must share a seat with you or a member of your party.
- Due to the layout of the auditorium, we strongly discourage babes in arms, young children or anyone with stimming tendencies such as rocking, from sitting in the front rows of the Grand Circle, Upper Circle, Amphitheatre, Grand Circle Side Boxes A & F and Upper Circle Side Boxed G & K. Should babes in arms become restless, the parent/guardian may be requested to step out of the auditorium with the child temporarily.
- Children aged 2 and over must have a full paid ticket.
- Booster seats can be provided subject to availability.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the stalls basement accessible toilet at the Theatre Royal.
- For reasons of Health and Safety, all children aged 13 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18 +) at all times.
- Any published advice about age suitability for any productions is offered as a guide. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to determine the suitability of the event for their child.
NEWCASTLE THEATRE ROYAL TRUST BROCHURES, WEBSITE AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
- All details in Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust brochures, website and other communications are correct, errors and omissions excepted, at time of publishing but Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to alter programme and other details without prior notice.
- We request all customers raise any complaint at the time of their visit to allow our teams to attempt to resolve any issues that would constitute a breach of contract.
- It may not always be possible to find an equitable solution to complaints filed after the event and compensation may not be offered.
- If you do have a comment or complaint, please complete a feedback form. We endeavour to respond to all feedback within 10 working days.
- We do not operate a telephone complaints service.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust, 100 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6BR. Telephone: 0191 244 2500, Fax: 0191 244 2512 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
- All personal data is managed in accordance with appropriate UK and European data protection and freedom of information legislation. For information visit www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
THE LEGAL BIT
- To the fullest extent permissible in law, Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions
- None of the terms of this Agreement may be relied upon or enforced under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party that is not a party to this Agreement.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision/s and remainder of the Agreement valid or enforceable.
- Neither Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust nor the Event Partner(s) will be responsible for any loss, injury, damage to any person (including You) or property howsoever caused (including by Us and/or by Event Partner(s)): (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by Us or the Event Partner(s): (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonable foreseeable result of any such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence): or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditons and/or any terms and conditions of the Event Partner(s)
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust’s or the Event Partner(s) liability for death or personal injury caused by Our or the Event Partner(s)’ (as relevant) negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law be excldued or limited.
- Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.