We operate one of Newcastle’s most cherished and well-attended live entertainment venues, and we work hard to ensure that audiences can continue to enjoy live entertainment in a safe and welcoming environment, free of threat and intimidation.
We regularly review our safety and security procedures, working with local and national advisory bodies, emergency services and the theatre network to ensure we provide the safest experience we possibly can for our audiences.
Our staff undergo regular safety and security training and drills, and we work with an experienced security agency to ensure our teams are prepared each time we open the doors.
We want customers to feel confident to attend and enjoy live events and so we continue to be vigilant with a programme of security measures which include:
- bag checks and searches at the point of entry
- ticket checks at the main entrance before entry to the foyer
- ticket holders only are permitted inside the building during the show
- customers leaving the venue must present their ticket and take part in a bag check/search before being readmitted
- Audiences are encouraged to report to staff any unusual activity in or around the theatre.
Entering our venue may take a little more time to allow for these heightened security measures and we thank customers for their cooperation.