Lighting and Sound Technicians
Salary: £11.25 per hour
Hours: Zero hours (extreme flexibility required including weekend working)
Start date: Monday, 28 June (induction and training) dependant on the applicants’ availability
The successful applicants will be responsible to the Chief Electrician and Deputy Chief Electricians, working with the Technical department to ensure a first class production and technical service is delivered across all aspects of the theatre’s work.
Essential skills and knowledge required:
- Knowledge in the use of followspots and sound and lighting equipment, and keen to learn and attend training.
- Extremely flexible to meet the needs of the touring companies and able to work at short notice, sometimes with infrequent and irregular shifts
- Willing to work evening and weekend hours with occasional night time working
- Excellent time keeping and a reliable worker
- Natural team player, putting the needs of the trust first
- Health and Safety aware with some knowledge of fire evacuation, manual handling and working at heights
- Able to contribute to stage set up by handling various scenery pieces within health and safety procedures
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with different visiting company crews
- Discreet and respectful of confidential theatrical operations
Please note that this is a casual “zero hours” contract therefore there are no minimum contracted hours and there is no obligation on the Theatre to offer work to you, or obligation on you to accept such work as is offered.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at email@example.com
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Monday 26 April 2021
Interview date: Thursday, 20 May (via zoom)
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 5 days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.