Visitor Services Host Supervisors
(1 x casual and 1 x 15 hour contract)
Salary: £10.49 per hour
Hours: 15 hours – 3 Duty Shifts per week. Regular evening, weekend and bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required. Attendance at the monthly team meeting is in addition to duty shifts and is mandatory for which the appropriate rate will be paid.
Casual “zero hours”, therefore there are no minimum contracted hours and there is no obligation on the Trust to offer work to you, or obligation on you to accept such work as is offered. However, casual staff are required to be available to work regularly for consistency and to keep up to date with department training and Health and Safety and operational procedural updates.
Newcastle Theatre Royal invites applications for Visitor Services Host Supervisors to contribute to the effective delivery of the visitor services Front of House operation, ensuring the highest standards of customer service and safety, deputising for the Duty Visitor Services Manager, Customer Experience as required. Also to support the delivery of the ancillary sales strategy ensuring cost controls are adhered to and promoting increased sales and profitability across all activity.
The post holder should:
- Experience of staff supervision within a customer facing environment
- A demonstrable understanding of excellent customer care and skills to deliver this service
- Experience of retail, sales and commercial processes
- An organised, flexible approach to duties with the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of using and strong understanding of EPOS & PDQ systems
- Administration skills with experience of Microsoft Office, telephone systems, ticketing and scheduling systems
- Be of smart appearance and have a pleasant demeanor
- Have a calm, courteous and helpful manner
- Be able to handle difficult situations with patience and diplomacy with a solution focused attitude
- Be a natural team worker with a positive “can do “approach
- Enjoy working with people, especially members of the public.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state clearly on the application form which ROLE you are applying for
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am,Monday 26 July 2021
Interview date: Thursday 29 & Friday 30 July 2021
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 2 days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.