Visitor Services Host Manager
Salary: £31,554.68 per annum
Hours: 39 hours per week – Regular evening, weekend and bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required. Availability for quarterly management rosters also required.
The Host Manager manages the Visitor Services front of house operation, ensuring the highest standards of customer service and safety, and supporting the delivery of ancillary sales offers across all public access performances and events at Newcastle Theatre Royal.
They are responsible for and lead a team of highly motivated supervisors and hosts to effectively deliver a wide range of services as part of the Visitor Services strategy as well as being responsible for the day to day management of essential Visitor Services equipment and resources.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of successfully leading a large team within an event or theatre environment; experience of recruitment, training, staff development and disciplinary processes.
- Experience of duty management protocols.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering exceptional standards of customer service within an event or theatre environment.
- Awareness of Health & Safety practises within a venue setting and an interest in sustainability and climate action objectives.
- Experience of retail, sales and commercial processes.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft packages, ticketing systems, EPOS systems, event management systems, facilities management systems).
- Excellent standard of both written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities with the ability to work well under pressure and with a focus on problem-solving.
- Strong and professional management skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a high paced environment.
- Regular evening, weekend, bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required. The post-holder will be required to work 2 out of 4 weekends and provide availability for quarterly management rosters.
- Holiday may not be taken during peak periods such as panto season. All NTRT staff may be required to take leave during dark or off-peak periods in line with the business needs.
- Valid First Aid Qualification
- H&S qualification
- Interest in theatre and the arts
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Friday 20 May 2022
Interview date: Tuesday, 31 May 2022
Start date: ASAP (dependant on successful applicants availability)
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 5 days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.