Deputy Chief Electrician
Salary: £33,525.70 per annum
Hours: 42.5 hours per week (39 plus 3.5 hours of “get out”) annualised over 52 weeks.
Regular evening, weekend, bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required.
Start date: As soon as possible following successful appointment
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust invites applications for a Deputy Chief Electrician who will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of the stage electrics department, deputising for the Chief Electrician in their absence, and ensuring a first class production and technical service is delivered across all aspects of the Theatre Royal’s work.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Up to date knowledge of lighting and sound technologies and techniques
- Strong ability to work in a team, to be flexible and multi-skilled to ensure the effective utilisation of all resources
- Good communication skills, with the ability to establish professional and personal credibility across the theatre with visiting companies
- Understands the importance of providing a high quality experience for audiences/visiting companies through excellent stage management
- An interest and ability to be part of a strong team and assist where appropriate with the development of their professional skills and knowledge
- The ability to lead the team in the absence of the Chief Electrician
- Committed to continuing own professional development and knowledge, keeping up to date with technological advances
- Experience in key disciplines of technical work within an electrics department in a theatre.
- Knowledge of current lighting and sound equipment and its operation – e.g. EOS and Avid Console
- Understands the Trust’s business objectives
- Has a good appreciation of the commercial considerations for the trust with an ability to contribute to the commercial success of the organisation
- Experience in managing/leading a small team
- Experience in general buildings maintenance.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am,Monday 26 July 2021
Interview date: Friday 6 August 2021 (via Zoom)
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 5 days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.