Duty Hospitality Manager
Salary: £6,141.20 (FTE £23,950.68)
Hours: 10 hours per week / 2 Duty Shifts. Regular evening, weekend and bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required. Attendance at the monthly team meeting is in addition to duty shifts and is mandatory for which the appropriate rate will be paid.
Start date: 14 June 2021 (or as soon as possible after 14 June)
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust invites applications for a Duty Hospitality Manager. This will be a key role within the Visitor Services Hospitality team and the successful applicant will effectively support all aspects of the ancillary sales operation, ensuring the highest standards of customer service, safety and maximizing of sales across all products and channels during public access performances and events at the Theatre Royal.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Commercially minded with a proactive approach to sales and maximising income.
- Proven experience of successfully leading a team within an event or theatre environment.
- Experience of bar management protocols and visual merchandising.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering exceptional standards of customer service within an event or theatre environment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene practise within a venue setting.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft packages, ticketing systems, EPOS systems, PDQ’s, event management systems).
- Strong numeracy skills with experience of cash handling.
- Excellent standard of both written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities with the ability to work well under pressure and with a focus on problem-solving.
- Strong management skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a high paced environment.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Friday, 7 May 2021
Interview date: W/C 17 May 2021
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 5 working days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.