Salary: £23,950.68 per annum
Hours: 39 hours per week. The working pattern will vary depending on the demands of the programme and will include some evening and weekend work.
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust invites applications for an Associate Director to work with the Head of Learning and Artistic Director and as appropriate, assist in the programming, management, facilitation, delivery and administration of a programme of community engagement and lead the Youth Theatre and support in the delivery of our artist development programme, including Project A.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years previous experience of working in a similar role
- Previous experience of directing theatre in professional and community settings
- Excellent facilitation and workshop leader skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other IT systems
- A range of group-work skills, including creating and leading on the delivery of practical workshop sessions
- A flexible approach and the ability to cope with change
- A formal qualification in Drama, Performance or Community Education/Development
- Good working knowledge of Tessitura
- Sourcing grants and funding
- A good knowledge of schools in the Newcastle, Northumberland and Co. Durham areas
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Tuesday 27 July 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 11 August 2021 (via Zoom)
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 3 days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.