Assistant Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £23,950.68 per annum
Hours: 39 hours per week Monday to Saturday on a rota basis with on-call out of hours duties (for which the applicable overtime rate will be paid). On occasion Sunday and bank holiday working may be required and TOIL will be provided.
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust invites applications for an Assistant Maintenance Engineer to assist the Maintenance Engineer in the effective maintenance of NTRT buildings, ensuring they are maintained to a high standard and the buildings function safely, efficiently and effectively, commensurate with their listed building status and the expectations of the public and performers.
This role would suit a proactive individual at the start of their career looking to develop a broad knowledge and skill set within a complex and busy historic building.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Completion of formal apprenticeship or professional qualification in M&E disciplines (electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation of particular interest).
- Candidates in the final stages of apprenticeship will be considered (remuneration restrictions and deadlines for completion will be applicable)
- Experience of mechanical / electrical fault finding / diagnosis approaches in building management
- General knowledge and experience in plumbing, drainage, decorating, joinery and general maintenance best practice
- Process analysis skills
- Experience of assessing and reporting safety hazards associated with the buildings and equipment
- Experience of managing contractors and understanding of effective SLA’s and regimes
- Experience of delivering compliance inspections regimes and safety procedures
- Understanding of current Health and Safety legislation including but not limited to LOLER, WEE, Asbestos, Water Hygiene, Electrical, Fire Regulatory Reform Act
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft packages, BMS systems)
- Excellent standard of both written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a confident, professional and friendly manner
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities with the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workloads and with a focus on problem-solving
- A proactive and collaborative approach to all tasks working with colleagues across all departments to achieve centralised goals.
- Live within 45mins of the theatre via public transport. Access to a car would be an advantage.
- Health and Safety qualification or the willingness to work towards achieving the qualification.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at email@example.com
CV’s are accepted if they are submitted in addition to application forms.
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Monday 29 November 2021
Interview date: W/C 6 December 2021
Start date: Jan/Feb 2022
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 4 working days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.