Deputy Host Manager
Salary: £22,014.72 (FTE £26,830.44)
Hours: 32 hours per week – Regular evening, weekend and bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required. Availability for quarterly management rosters will be required
Start date: W/C 1 June 2021 (or as soon as possible after 1 June)
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust invites applications for a Deputy Host Manager. This will be a key role within the Visitor Services Front of House team and the successful applicant will be working closely with the Host Manager to support the effective management of the Visitor Services front of house operation.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of duty management protocols and managing large on duty teams.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering exceptional standards of customer service within an event or theatre environment
- Demonstrable experience of delivering accessible services in a venue setting; an understanding of the Equality Act and current best practice.
- Awareness of Health & Safety practise within a venue setting.
- Experience of retail, sales and commercial processes.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft packages, ticketing systems, EPOS systems, event management systems, facilities management systems).
- Excellent standard of both written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities with the ability to work well under pressure and with a focus on problem-solving.
- Strong and professional management skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a high paced environment.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Wednesday 28 April, 2021
Interview date: W/C 10 May 2021
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 5 working days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.