Deputy Hospitality Manager
Salary: £22,014.72 (FTE £26,830.44)
Hours: 32 hours per week – Regular evening, weekend and bank holiday and seasonal (Christmas) working is required.
Availability for quarterly management rosters will be required
Start date: W/C 1 June 2021 (or as soon as possible after 1 June)
Newcastle Theatre Royal Trust invites applications for a Deputy Hospitality Manager. This will be a key role within the Visitor Services Hospitality team and the successful applicant will be working closely with the Hospitality Manager in providing support to all aspects of the ancillary sales operation.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of stock management and sales protocols
- Commercially minded with a proactive approach to sales and maximising income.
- The ability to develop positive and working relationships
- Proven experience of successfully leading a team within an event or theatre environment
- Experience of bar management protocols.
- Experience of delivering hospitality events.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering exceptional standards of customer service within an event or theatre environment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene practise within a venue setting.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft packages, ticketing systems, EPOS systems, PDQ’s, event management systems).
- Excellent standard of both written and spoken English with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a confident, professional and friendly manner.
- Strong numeracy skills with experience of cash handling.
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities with the ability to work well under pressure and with a focus on problem-solving.
- Strong management skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a high paced environment.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance and return to Deb Dovinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for interested applicants: 9am, Wednesday 28 April, 2021
Interview date: W/C 10 May 2021
Please note that if external applicants have not received a response to your application within 5 working days of the closing date, you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.