Terms & Conditions | Theatre Royal
1. All sales are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Theatre Royal.
2. Please check your ticket/s as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
3. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether a performance has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged performance. If a performance is cancelled or rescheduled, Theatre Royal will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation. Please note that Theatre Royal cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the performance.
4. The management reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the Theatre Royal, performance organiser or promoter.
5. The management may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the performance, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. Theatre Royal regrets that tickets cannot be refunded after purchase. However, at the Management’s discretion, up to twenty four hours before a performance commences, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same production upon the return of the original ticket/s to the Booking Office and subject to a £1 per ticket administration fee (this fee is wavered for members of the Friends of the Theatre Royal). Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase.
8. The Management cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
9. Theatre Royal reserves the right to cancel ticket bookings that it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
10. Tickets are sold subject to the Management’s right to alter or vary the programme due to performances or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
11. If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than Theatre Royal or one of its authorised sub-agents, it may be voided and the holder may be refused entry to, required to exit from and / or banned / excluded from the Theatre Royal.
12. Payment by dishonoured cheques will render ticket invalid.
13. The Theatre Royal operates a no smoking policy.
14. All personal data is managed in accordance with appropriate UK and European data protection and freedom of information legislation. For information visit www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
15. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited.
16. Theatre Royal cannot accept responsibility for any personal property.
17. Patrons should be advised that official merchandise is usually only available inside the theatre.
18. The ticket holder has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the Management reserve the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
19. Ticket holders consent to filming, photography and sound recording as members of the audience. Theatre Royal will endeavour to inform patrons prior to the commencement of the performance if filming is to take place.
20. If a performance is rescheduled, ticket holders will be offered tickets to the rescheduled performance, equivalent to the face value of the ticket.
21. The ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and theatre regulations whilst attending the performance. Breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable the theatre or performance management to eject the ticket holder from the theatre.
22. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Theatre Royal reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
23. Children / school parties / those in need of special care are the responsibility of their parents / guardians / teachers / carers who must ensure appropriate behaviour is followed in the theatre. Failure may result in the ticket holder being refused entry to, or required to leave the theatre.
24. The Management reserves the right to alter, suspend or remove prices-bands, concessions, discounts and availability without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.
25. All discounts and promotions are subject to availability are price-band specific and are subject to pre-set eligibility criteria (as defined at point of promotion). Only one discount per ticket.
26. All forms of Theatre Royal credit, including but not limited to, Theatre Vouchers and Theatre Tokens are time-limited. It is the Ticket holder’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of this period. Ask at Point of Purchase for details.
27. "Standby tickets" At the discretion of the Management, from 9am on performance day (For concessionary patrons only), tickets may be available at half price. These tickets can not be reserved and exclude Gallery seats and are also subject to availability.
28. Any liability that the company and its officers, directors, agents and employees may have to ticket holders under any circumstances will be limited to the greater of (a) the total amount expended by the individual ticket holder with Theatre Royal (excluding authorised sub-agents) during the transaction giving rise to the claim; or (b) £100.
29. Ticket holders acknowledge that they are responsible for the payment of Ticket/s and/or any loss or damage they may cause at the Theatre Royal and/or third parties it may act on behalf of.
30. To the fullest extent permissible in law, Theatre Royal shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
31. None of the terms of this Agreement may be relied upon or enforced under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party that is not a party to this Agreement.
32. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision/s and remainder of the Agreement valid or enforceable.
33. Theatre Royal reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.