Jobs | Theatre Royal
Domestic / Cleaner
3 months Fixed Term (with possibility to extend)
Salary: £6.78 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week.
Generally, working hours are 8.00am to 1.00pm Monday to Saturday with 1 day on a weekly rotation working 1pm to 6pm (occasional Sundays as per theatre programme). Also, as rota’d, a 2 hour call after matinee performances (usually a Thursday or Saturday afternoon and during the Christmas pantomime, or when required)
The theatre requires a Domestic for a fixed term period of 3 months, working over an extremely busy Panto season. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Domestic Supervisor and will ensure that the cleanliness and hygiene of the Theatre Royal is maintained to the highest possible standards.
• To carry out cleaning of the building (internal and external) to the highest possible standards as directed by the Domestic Supervisor.
• To use appropriate cleaning products and equipment in a safe and cost effective manner, paying full attention to COSHH and PPE procedures and equipment; report any shortages of products or equipment to the Domestic Supervisor for re-ordering.
• To be proactive about recycling waste materials and to make best use of the recycling facilities and equipment
• To report any damage to the fabric of the building.
• To help to provide a welcoming and friendly environment for staff, visiting companies and the public.
• To undertake such other relevant duties as may be requested from time to time by the Domestic Supervisor.
Click here to download the Job Description
Click here to download an Application Form
If you are interested in applying please complete the application form by referring to the job description provided as guidance. To request a hard copy of the application pack please contact Jo Tompkins at: email@example.com or call 0191 244 2500 or by collection at Stage Door on Shakespeare Street.
Closing date for interested applicants: 12.00, Monday 20 October 2014
Interview date: TBA
Please note that if you have not received a response to your application within 14 days of the closing date you have not progressed to interview stage. Please do not let this deter you from applying for other positions which may arise in the future.
Theatre Royal is a Proud Investor in People and Equal Opportunities Employer
The Theatre Royal values and promotes equality, supports and encourages diversity and has a zero tolerance policy on discrimination of any kind.